A router is a technoscientific networking device that is connected to the internet. The basic function of a router is to balance the network traffic. Moreover, a router inspects whether the correct data from the internet transmits to the appropriate device or not. The router knows the best possible routes to send your data from one network to another. A router concedes the highest level of security features in order to keep your system as well as data safe from the external attacks.
Moreover, people access the internet using the router every time, but they do not know the working function of a router. Well, a router is extremely important. You are able to connect more than one device by using your internet connection. There are both wired or wireless routers available in the market. There are several router brands available in the market, Netgear is one of them. Users often asked how to setup Netgear router? Well, it is very simple. There is no rocket science behind it. Go through the article properly and you know the step-by-step procedures to setup the Netgear router.
Common Hurdles Users Often Encounter With Netgear Router
Despite, Netgear router is not free from errors. Sometimes, users encountered errors at the time of dealing with their Netgear router. Here, are some of the errors that the users may encounter.
- Netgear parental control is not working correctly
- Router keeps dropping
- Netgear router authentication issue
Netgear Parental Control Is Not Working Correctly
Netgear genie parental control is a very beneficial tool for guardians. Sometimes, due to some reasons, users are not able to use it. Have a look at the reasons behind the problem.
- In case, if there is a problem with the configuration of your Netgear router then this error may occur. Apart from that, an open Domain Name System updater can also create the same issue.
- Moreover, Netgear parental control will not work correctly if there is no proper connection between your network and the DNS.
- Moreover, an incorrect configuration can also cause this problem.
- Additionally, a defective device can also create the same issue.
- Instead of using IPv6 if your website uses the IPv4, then also parental control will not function. Moreover, if you are using unsecured Wi-Fi network, then this problem will appear.
- Lastly, if the software is not compatible with the system then also it may cause the same problem.
Router Keeps Dropping Internet
This problem may appear because of the Netgear router location. High internet traffic or the network congestion will also slow down the performance of your Netgear router.
- Sometimes, improper bandwidth can also cause the same error.
- If your Netgear router doesn’t have multiple band capabilities, then also causes router keep dropping internet problem.
- An old firmware of your Netgear router will also cause the same issue.
- In case, if there are any other devices near to your Netgear router like, mobile phones, Bluetooth speakers, then it can affect your Wi-Fi.
- Faulty hardware equipment can also cause the same issue.
- If the driver of your device is missing, then also your router will not work correctly.
Netgear Router Authentication Issue
If your Netgear router and extender are not placed close to one another, then you will get an error message of authentication problem. Similarly, if your system is not connected to the Wi-Fi then also it will generate an error message of authentication problem.
Additionally, as we know that router configuration is the main key factor of a router. So, if your Wi-Fi is not supporting an excessive number of devices, then also it will generate an error message of authentication failure.
Netgear Router Configuration Steps
In order to configure your Netgear router, you can follow the steps.
- First, you need to turn off your modem as well as your Netgear router.
- After that, you can use an ethernet cable to connect your modem to the ethernet port of your Netgear router.
- Then, use another ethernet cable in order to connect your computer to any port on your Netgear router.
- Now, it’s time to switch on your modem and wait until all the lights become stable.
- After that, power on your Netgear router and wait until the power light become solid reen.
- Then, start any web browser on your system and write 192.168.1.1 in the address bar and after that press the enter button and then you will see that it will generate a dialog box.
- Now, log in to your Netgear router interface by typing ‘admin’ as a username and ‘password’ as password.
- Then, hit the ‘Setup Wizard’ in the left side of the bar and choose ‘Yes’ option if you want Netgear router to connect to your internet connection.
- Now, click on the Next button for two times. First one is for detection and second one is for confirmations.